Vegancuts Snack Box | June 2021
Summary: This month's box focuses on Asian-owned brands. Some big and unique ones too that I've never heard of.
Be sure to use the code ASPHODEL to save $5 on your subscription box!
This box contains the following:
- ASIAN-OWNED: Bohana Sweet Cinnamon Drizzle OR Chocolate Sea Salt – “Owners of Bohana, Priyal and Nadine, went back to their Indian roots and rediscovered a favorite childhood snack: these popped water lily seeds are delicious, sustainable and healthy.“
- Such a unique item. I’ve never heard of water lily seeds. I got the chocolate sea salt variety. These are tasty, a bit salty, and chocolatey. I could practically eat the whole bag.
- ASIAN-OWNED: Pirq Golden Vanilla Plant Protein Superfoods Shake – “Inspired by her mom’s obsession with the superfood Turmeric, Minal Bhakta decided to create a product that would make it easy for people to access the healing powers of Turmeric without sacrificing taste – you’ll see for yourself how delicious it is.“
- Very low sugar, practically none, but has a great flavor with natural sugar substitutes. The drink is golden and yellow from the turmeric, and has 12g of protein.
- ASIAN-OWNED: Dang Peanut Butter Bar – “Founded by two Thai-American brothers based on an original recipe from their mom, Dang is named in her honor. These bars taste like the inside of a peanut butter cup in the best way possible.“
- Meh is the only word to describe this one. Due to the low sugar content, there isn’t much flavor. It’s rather dry and lacking. However, it certainly is healthier than sugar loaded bars.
- LivBar Ginger Lemon Turmeric Bar – “A Superfood Energy Bar that provides balanced, sustainable energy in whole food form.“
- I can really taste the ginger and turmeric in the bar, with a light lemon flavor. It’s mostly small seeds bonded together. Overall pretty good.
- Blake’s Seed Based Chocolate Chip Rice Crispy Treat – “A childhood favorite made with Seeds, Fruit + Chocolate that have all of the taste and none of the allergens“
- Finally a vegan rice crispy treat that is not too sweat or sticky, and is super tasty. This one is really good and I’d certainly get it again!
- Munch Rights BBQ Baked Puffs – “Knock-your-socks-off tasty puffs that are hard to put down.“
- These puffs are amazing are packed with flavor. They are also airy and soft, unlike other harder puffs. Very tasty.
- RightRice Risotto – “Say buongiorno to a modern twist on an Italian classic: creamy (& dairy-free!) risotto.”
- This was a nuisance to make. I used a small saucepan and it was like a volcano and messed up the stove and burned me. Use a large saucepan. The flavor though is amazing. It does have a lentil flavor, though minor, but it’s really good!
- LIFEAID IMMUNITYAID GO! – “A Zero-Sugar immunity + hydration packet that’s delicious and health-promoting.”
- Such a high does of vitamin C which helps immunity, and a great flavor. Who knows if taking just one dose works, but it certainly doesn’t hurt.
- Tea Riot Plant Powered Energy Drink – “Pure and simple ingredients – tea, real fruit and sparkling water. This tastes like delicious fizzy juice.”
- It tastes good, and is carbonated, but I am not a fan of energy drinks. This one has 160mg of caffeine, which is equivalent to almost two cups of standard coffee. I can’t drink it all at one time because it really messes me up. I end up feeling so tired and out of energy – the opposite of what’s suppose to happen. So, I guess caffeine is not my thing. After having this, it messed me up really bad, to the point of intense anxiety and even psychosis.
- Bakery on Main Organic Sprouted Blueberry Flax Granola – “This granola is perfect for sprinkling over coconut yogurt or into a bowl of plant-milk for a wholesome breakfast.”
- Nice blueberry flavor and delicious granola. Since granola is a bit dry, next time I will try it with some milk, like cereal.
- BONUS! Choc Hazelnut Frooze Ball
- These are always amazing. They are filled with peanut butter and jelly, with a slight hazelnut flavor and coconut on the outside. Not too sweat, but super tasty.
Theme: Celebrating International Flavors & Fantastic Asian-Owned Brands!
Sanctuary Supported: Verna & friends at Animal Place, Grass Valley, CA.
Use the code ASPHODEL to save $5 on your subscription box!
Published: (updated: )
About the Author
My name is Autumn Asphodel (also known as Elle Stone) and I am a motivator and coach to help others live a better life through natural means, hard work, and dedication.
Get my FREE eBook & New Videos!
Please login to comment
View all comments