These days everybody is loaded with an ample number of responsibilities like family, work, office, business, etc. due to which people do not get time for themselves. They have no time to exercise, practice yoga, and go for a morning walk.
Even if they do not get an adequate amount of sleep required by a person in a day. These things create disturbance in mind, which results in stress.
Some side effects of stress are:
- High blood pressure
Stress is defined as a “state of mental and emotional strain (tension) which is a result of adverse and demanding situations or circumstances.”
Causes of Stress
We all usually go through the stage of stress in our daily lives. However, if we won’t learn to manage our stress, it conquers us fully. This situation can raise dangerous conditions such as depression, nervousness, losing control, and ultimately being unhappy always.
Different types of stress and its causes
Work stress is due to the following reasons:
- Being unhappy and unsatisfied with your job
- Too much responsibility of work/overload of work
- Working for a long duration
- Poor work management, unclear expectations of your work, or saying no in the decision-making process
- Always being worried about the risk of termination
- Facing harassment at work, especially if the company isn’t supportive and always putting you down.
Examples of life stresses are:
- The death of your beloved person
- Going through a financial crisis
- Getting married and starting a new life
- Suffering through a chronic illness or injury
- Going through stress, anxiety, anger, depression, grief, low self-esteem, guilt
- Taking care of a sick family member
- Remembering some past incident
Some of the above-discussed issues are the primary reason for the person suffering from stress.
If there is stress, so there are several ways also to deal with situations creating tension.
There are different kinds of people in the world dealing with different types of situations and living different lifestyles.
Some are active, while others are weak; some can bear stress while others are not able to handle stress in life. Therefore the stress level of all the people depends on the situations they are dealing with in their lives.
The people who are too much stressed sometimes take the help of medicine to deal with stress in life. In this reference a phrase is prevalent “Prevention is better than cure.”
Hence you should try to get rid of anxiety without medication and should search and use natural remedies helpful for anxiety.
If you are dependent on medicine, it can reduce your stress level until you are taking the pills and once you stop taking those pills after completion of your medication, anxiety can reoccur anytime. Therefore it is advisable to practice natural ways to deal with anxiety or stress.
Some of the ways which help reduce stress are:
- Exercising regularly
- Taking deep breaths
- Muscle relaxation
- Smile and laugh a lot
Let us explore the 3 most effective ways to manage stress in detail
1. Exercise – Wake up early and take out time for jogging or walking. Doing exercise keeps our body healthy and fit and also releases mental and physical pressure that we are going through.
Besides routine exercise, you can also opt for dance sessions, yoga, aerobics, and swimming for 30 minutes. It also helps in reducing stress and keeps the body relax for several days.
If you practice it daily, stress will diminish, and there will be very fewer chances of reoccurrence of stress.
2. Muscle relaxation and deep breathing – When you’re going through stress, your muscles get tense and harsh. Muscles can loosen up by following ways:
- Stretching out muscles
- Taking and enjoying a good and effective massage
- Getting excellent and fulfilling sleep at night.
For Deep breathing –
- Sit in a comfortable position where your hands should be in your lap and your feet on the floor.
- Close your eyes.
- Imagine yourself in a relaxing place like the beach, in a beautiful field of grass, or anyplace that gives you peace.
- Slowly breathe in and out.
- Repeat this for 5 to 10 minutes at a time.
3. Meditation – Doing meditation and mindful prayer in peace help the mind and body to relax and focus.
Meditation can eradicate your stress gradually, and ultimately, it helps people see new perspectives, develop self-compassion and forgiveness.
Practicing regular meditation can help release emotions that have been causing the body’s physical and mental stress. Just like exercise, research shows that even daily meditation can reap immediate benefits. It is not necessary to meditate for long hours.
Giving 15-20 minutes daily to your body gives you immense happiness and provides peace to your mind and soul.
These are the three most effective ways of releasing stress, or you can say stress management. If you practice it regularly, it will give you peace and keeps your body calm naturally and if you are using any medication, you will need it no more after the application of these natural remedies.